Thoran is a dry vegetable stir fry from Kerala in Southern India. It is made from whatever fresh vegetables are around – cabbage, carrots, sag (leafy vegetables), even green tomatoes.
Kerala, famously known as "God's own country" offers a multitude of experiences for tourists. Be it the diverse, exotic landscape with spice and tea plantations, a ride on a 'houseboat', local delicacies or wellness retreats, this destination caters to every aspect that could catch a traveller's fancy.
Here is a really authentic, easy to cook, healthy, nutrition packed stir fry recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to cook! Hope you enjoy!
- Heat up 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a wok.
- Add small black mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 2-3 dried red chillies, tea spoon of split white lentils (Urad dal), 7 - 8 curry leaves,
- Add a cup of randomly sliced onions.
- Add 3-4 slit green chillies.
- Add 1 table spoon cooked lentils or sprouts (optional). Stir Fry.
- Add 2 cups of freshly grated coconut (frozen grated coconut also works.)
- Add about half white or red king cabbage - finely shredded.
- Add a full tea spoon of BanyanTree Foods Turmeric,
- Stir fry / mix well until soft and moist.
- Plate it and Enjoy.
- Goes well on it own, as well as with rice and bread varieties.